Farmfair International, Edmonton EXPO Centre, Edmonton, AB
This schedule is subject to change, but the start and end times each day are not expected to change.
Friday, Nov 8
6-7 or 8 pm, various speakers including welcome address from AGA chair, welcome address from Convention Committee chair, possible greeting from provincial Minister of Ag, greeting from Jessie, Northlands Director of Ag, All the above to be confirmed.
Friday social with Goat Meat tacos.
An alternative evening would include convention attendees going to The Heritage Ranch Rodeo if there is sufficient interest. In this case the speakers would start at 5pm, and end no later than 615pm.
Saturday, Nov. 9
8-9am Registration (registration will be manned all day)
9-10:00 Key note speaker, Kathy Collier Bates
1030-1200 Barry Yarmencio forage specialist with AB Ag, on feeding, nutrition and related topics
100-230pm Speakers TBA
430-600pm Dianne Finstad on Effective use of Media in promoting the AGA and Your Individual Ag Business
6-7:30 pm Buffet Dinner featuring Goat prepared in a variety of dishes.
Again the choice to network for the evening, or attend the Heritage Ranch Rodeo, depending on the feed back we receive.
Sunday Nov 10
830-1000am Second presentation from Kathy Collier Bates
1030-1200 Leisl Lockhart on Livestock Guardian Dogs
Its time to start registry for the 2019 AGA conference! The conference and AGM will be held at Northlands FarmFair on Nov. 8-9-10th, in Edmonton, Alberta.
A. Full Conference (Member) $350
B. Spouse or Companion Full Conference $275
C. Children - 7-17 years Full Conference $125
D. Children - 6 and under FREE
E. Non-Member Adult Conference $450 per person. $350 with purchase of 2020 AGA membership at registration.
Either email firstname.lastname@example.org or
Two hotels have agreed to provide us with group rates for the convention:
1) Coliseum Inn, directly across from Northlands. I have to admit I was a little hesitant about approaching them, as this is an older hotel, however the top three floors have been newly renovated and that is where our rooms will be. I was impressed, and in fact this is where I will be booking my room.
2) Century Casino and Hotel. A newer venue with on site amusements for those who love some night life. And it's less than a 10min drive from Northlands.
Alberta Goat Association Members
We always have wonderful conferences, and this is due to the efforts of all involved planning and executing the plan.
Here are some ways you can help:
1) Donate one meat goat for the Friday and Saturday goat based meals.
2) When the sponsorship packages come out (this will be very soon) contact 4 businesses each. They do not need to be ag based, but a business you personally deal with. Pass the business name on to Mallory K for follow up.
3) Related to the above, ask 3-4 businesses for items for the Silent Auction. We get amazing items every year, because people ask businesses they deal with.
4) We need an MC!!!!! Someone to do all the intros for our speakers, promote and thank our sponsors, and keep us running on time. I will be happy to coach anyone interested in this.
5) I need your feedback!!!! To make this event the best possible, I need to know what you want at the convention.
© Copyright Alberta Goat Association