Register early and WIN -- 32” RCA Flat Screen TV!
Everyone registered for the convention by Monday,
October 8, 2012, will be entered to win this great prize!
2012 All Breeds Production Sale
GOAT PRODUCERS, DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS EVENT!!!!
Because of the high demand in quality breeding stock over the past few years, AGBA has decided to host a sale on October 14th, 2012 for our members. This gives breeders an opportunity to sell breeding animals, promote their farms, and an opportunity for new or old producers to find some high quality animals to either start a herd with or add some new animals to existing herds.
Check out the registration form for entering animals, terms of sale rules and guidelines and information on the “your choice” goat draw that will occur at the sale. Sellers and buyers, you won’t want to miss your chance at getting in on this one as it is a great opportunity to either win yourself a goat of your choice or be the owner of the choice animal that will happily benefit!
The Association is excited to give goat producers this opportunity to buy, sell and network. It is a great way to come together to benefit the industry as a whole, and it is expected to be a huge success.
Questions or for more information contact either:
Laurie Fries: Stacy Connors:
(780)755-2111 (780) 349-5476
“Your Choice” goat draw:
For $25.00, each breeder that enters a goat(s) into our sale gets to enter one animal of their choice into our “your choice” draw of animals. We (AGBA) will sell tickets for $25.00 / each on which this gives someone a chance at winning a goat of their choice out of these animals.
All the animals that are in the draw (from the breeders that paid the $25.00) will come into the ring with their respected breeder and the draw will be made and the winner will come down out of the stands and have his/her pick of any of those animals.
A minimum of 40 tickets will be sold at $25.00/ticket and 25% of this money will go to the AGBA and the remaining 75% of the money goes to the breeder that has his/her animal picked from the person who’s name is the winner from the draw. SO Breeders, if you are the one that gets your animal picked you are guaranteed $750.00! If more than 40 tickets are sold, then the money that is made over and above the 40 ticket minimum will be split 50% to AGBA and 50% to the breeder.
One rule will apply, if you as a breeder/seller enter one of your animals into this special draw and you purchase any tickets for your chance to win, you CANNOT choose your own animal if you hold the winning ticket.
Alberta Goat Breeders Association First Annual Conference and Production Sale
October 12, 13 & 14, 2012
Ponoka Ag Events Centre
Schedule - Tentative subject to speaker availability
Friday, October 12
Noon- 8:00 Production Sale barn area open to bring in animals
5:00 - 8:00 Convention & Sale registration
7:00 - 10:00 AGBA BBQ & social
Saturday, October 13
8:00- 9:00 Convention & Sale registration
9:00 - 9:10 Welcome & Introductions
9:10 - 10:00 Raising healthy kids & disease management:
What to cull, what to control & what to manage - Dr. Dawn Magrath, Lethbridge, AB
10:00 - 10:15 ALMA Alberta Livestock & Meat Agency
10:15 - 11:00 Parasite control & guardian animals– Dr. Lynne Copeland, Red Deer, AB
11:00 - 11:15 Break
11:15 - 11:45 Meat Goat Production - Dr. Fred Homeyer, Robert Lee, Texas
11:45 - 12:00 Emergency Planning, Brad Andres, Emergency Planning Manager, AB Agriculture and Rural Development
12:00 - 1:10 Lunch - soup/sandwiches
1:10 - 2:00 Keynote speaker - Matt Sutton-Vermullen -- CEO of The Center for Food Integrity
2:00 - 2:40 Report on Traceability, On Farm Food Safety, Scrapies Program
2:40 - 2:55 Break / viewing of sale animals
2:55 - 4:30 AGBA -- changing and growing, where we are going from here
4:35 - 5:00 Select-a-session
i. Getting your best 'buck'– TBA
ii. Pasture management – Grant Lastiwka, Ag & Rural Development - Forage Specialist
iii. Basic care - Hoof trimming demo, injection sites (in conjunction with the Junior participants) - visual demonstration only, max. of 30 people
5:00 - 6:00 Meat Goat Production - Dr. Fred Homeyer, Robert Lee, Texas
6:00 - 7:00 cocktails
7:00 - 8:00 Supper
8:00 - Social/Silent Auction
Sunday, October 14
9:00 - 9:45 Predator Control- Trapper Gord, Debolt, AB
9:45 - 10:15 Break /Last viewing of animals prior to sale
10:15 - 11:00 Break - all Draws / Silent auction winners announced
11:00 - START OF PRODUCTION SALE
AGBA Junior Convention
Open to ages 9 to 17
Saturday, October 13
- Showmanship & Grooming
- Basic Herd Health, i.e giving injections, hoof trimming, may be open to adults
- Gestation Calculator
- Parts of the Goat Game
- Veterinarian Care Game
- Terminology Bingo
All NON AGBA memebers must add $25 to their registration fees.
Please send all Registrations to:
48 Campbell Rd.